The best trainers
Brian ConnollyFCA, ACMA
Brian has been cooperating with the EY Academy of Business since 1998.
He was educated at University College Dublin in Ireland. He holds three professional accounting qualifications: chartered accountant (ACA), cost and management accountant (ACMA) and tax adviser (AITI). He is also a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland (ICAI).
He has worked in reputable audit and financial advisory institutions since 1985. Initially at BDO Binder Hamlyn and later at Ernst & Young Audit. He conducts training courses preparing for examinations for various international qualifications not only for Ernst & Young employees, but also for external clients from many sectors of the Polish economy.
Brian has been delivering training courses preparing for ACCA exams since 1996. He is also the author of many training programmes, including a 12-day program in IFRS. Since 2001 he has been conducting US GAAP training courses, the programme of which is also his own. He also teaches selected topics of the joint EY Academy of Business and SGH postgraduate programme – International Finance.
Brian has had the opportunity to conduct training courses not only in Poland, but also in such European countries as Hungary or Russia as well as many countries in the Middle East, including Kuwait, Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates.
1. From 1985 to 1994, Brian worked for BDO Binder Simpson Xavier (formerly BDO Binder) learning the practical aspects of accounting, assisting qualified persons in preparing financial statements and carrying out audits and also learning about the company's organisation as well as accounting and control systems.
2. Brian worked for several years as an auditor at Ernst & Young in Poland. Brian's audit client portfolio consisted mainly of the engineering, communications, manufacturing, food and leisure industries. He has advised on potential acquisitions in the refining and manufacturing industries and has also advised clients on private placements.
3. Since 1998 his focus has been training EY staff and clients. He has trained staff for professional examinations (ACCA). He developed a full 12-day programme in International Financial Reporting Standards and was responsible for developing an 8-day training programme in US GAAP. He has also developed a postgraduate programme in finance with a local university. All these courses are available to clients.
4. In addition, he provides a significant amount of IFRS related training courses in the Middle East, particularly in Dubai, Kuwait and Bahrain, mainly in the form of open courses. Participants are mainly qualified accountants working in industry and commerce.
Courses conducted at EY Academy of Business:
- Advanced Audit and Assurance
- Audit and Assurance
- Strategic Business Reporting
- The EY Diploma in IFRS
- IFRS Update – English Course
- International Finance
- IFRS and US GAAP – 2-hour ONLINE Workshop
- US GAAP Workshop